Don't put your purse on the floor!

Bulgarians believe that it is bad luck to put your purse on the floor. It means that all your wealth could run out and disappear. So, instead, you will see women in restaurants sitting uncomfortably with their purse on their chair behind them, or on their lap, while they eat.

Yesterday, I went to get my nails and toenails done at a manicurist/pedicurist in our neighborhood. When I got home, I noticed that one of the bright red toenails was smudged. Today, I went back to the shop, and showed the toe to the young girl who had done the job.

"Oh, no," the girl said, and immediately set to repair the damage.

I sat down and put my purse on the shop floor.

"Oh, no!" the girl exclaimed, and quickly picked up the purse and put it on a chair next to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The “Pogacha”

Top 15 Favorite Bulgarian Places

The Chinese Market